Syed Sabih Uddin Rehmani
Naat Reciter / Poet / Writer / Research Scholar
Founder & Secretary General, Naat Research Centre
(+92) 333 - 2457575
Syed Sabihuddin Sabih Rehmani is a renowned name in the field of Na’at broadcaster from Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. His Naat has been admired and appreciated beyond the boundaries on the globe of... Read more
" Sabih rehmani is one of those fortunate persons who have been blessed with this circumstance in the matter of saying Naat. He gets the subjects for this Naat from the love of Messenger of Allah (Sallallaahu 'alaihi wa aalihi wasallam) and expresses them with budding words, attracting isti'araat and tashbihaat. For this reason, his Naats are full of effectiveness. Another thing that makes him distinct from others in the matter of Naat-saying is the respect of Messenger of Allah (Sallallaahu 'alaihi wa aalihi wasallam) and awareness of the place of Messenger-ship. He knows the manner to remain vigilantly respectful in the Court of Muhammad ,the Messenger of Allah (Sallallaahu 'alaihi wa aalihi wasallam). He is fully to express it. His Naat are free from both extremes. It is certain that this skill of Naat -saying will elevate him to high rank of Naat-saying and in this way he will be successful in both the worlds. I wish his Naat may remain full with this enlightenment warmth(zoq) and effectiveness (ta'theer)."Tabish Dehlvi
"In the Naat poetry of Sabih Rehmani, there is growing with extreme love and attachment an expression of the love of the Messenger of Allah (Sallallaahu 'alaihi wa aalihi wasallam) . The balanced color and sequence of reliability of thought and standard of art is existing in his accent and style is a bright sign of the right direction of his journey in the field of poetical literature which demands very high toll and struggle. The soft manner in which he is advancing onward shows that the sphere of his popularity and fame is rather vaster and this excellence is not achieved by the way but comes only on the grant of the Supreme Grantor (Allah Almighty). The glittering and shining of faith and ecstasy in his Naat verses has become the focus of people of taste. Along with it the simplicity and civility of poetic rhythm and melody attracts the hearts. Sabih Rehmani is highly appreciated for his verse and its presentation in the Naat assemblies. For Naat, the selection of such ground which is often proper and relevant to Naat is very clear proof of his manner of thought and excellent temperament. Liking for such a speech is not confined to the taste of hearing. Its attraction and absorption survives even when it takes the form of written words on a paper. Readers will themselves acknowledge this fact after they had studied his Naat compositions. May Allah, the Most High, bless him with a developing passion for Naat-Goi and be merciful to him throughout his life."Mehshar Badayuni
"Windows of bliss may open in any mind and any heart. There is no condition or restriction for it. Only a signal of "that side" is sufficient. This is an ecstatic work of a young poet who is uttering words much ahead of his age. Generally, the Naat has been composed in the form of Ghazal as it is the easiest form of expression. Sabih Rehmani has also composed most of his effective naat in this very formation but now the second collection of his Naat composition contains a sufficient number of hamdiya and naatiya poems. These poems are in all formation, i.e restricted, free and in hico. This makes two things fully apparent. One is that he is fully trying to prove and make feel his poetical entity. The second is that he is entering into a new atmosphere of the valley of the verse after having crossed the frontier of the traditional Naat. Thus he has covered both the directions. On the one side, he is fulfilling the internal and external requirements of poetry and on the other side, he is passing through the religious trials and spiritual delicacies with confidence which in so young an age is hill-task. I am glad that the poetry of Sabih Rehmani is continuously evolutionary and i am certain that has been adopted by this poetry will make him successful in both here and in the hereafter In Sha Allah."Shabnam Rumani
Syed Sabihuddin Sabih Rehmani is a renowned name in the field of Na’at broadcaster from Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. His Naat has been admired and appreciated beyond the boundaries on the globe of Naat Khawani. He holds a fabulous circle of his patrons all over the world and seems well recognized and blessed soul of his field. To be blessed with a good voice and then to have the opportunity to perform Naat in front of a huge audience is surely a great honour. Sabeeh Uddin Sabeeh Rehmani is one such blessed person. He has recited Naats since his childhood. His melodious voice touches the heart.
Sabih Rehmani was born on June 27, 1965 at Karachi. He has dedicated his life to Urdu Naat for the last three decades. His contribution towards the treasure of Urdu Naat is simply incredible. The spectrum of his services is broad. He has initiated extensive research work to establish ‘Na’at’ as a genre for the first time in the history of Urdu literature. He has also inspired many people to do research work on a variety of Na’at dimensions in different institutes. He is pioneer member of ARY's Religious TV channel ARY QTV and gave his services for ARY Qtv as Sr. Manager Planning Research and P.R till 2010. Research and publication is his passion, he is giving his services as Secretary-General for Naat research center science 1994 and rendering qualitative research work on Naat being published in various languages of the world.
- MA in Urdu Literature from University of Karachi
Naat Rang is a regular Urdu Book series, dedicated solely to Naat poetry and literature. Naat Rang Started as bi-annual book series in 1995, now it’s being published regularly on every quarterly interval. With its origin in Karachi – Pakistan, it is circulated worldwide specially in the region where Urdu is spoken and understood at large including India, Bangladesh, Saudi Arabia, UAE, UK, Canada and US etc. It has earned government acknowledgement both at national as well as international level for its unique role in Urdu Literature.
Naatia Poetry Collection
- ‘Maah-e-Taiba’ first collection of his Naatia Poetry published in 1989.
- ‘Jada-e-Rehmat’ second collection of his Naatia poetry published by Mumtaz Publishers in 1993.
Translation of Poetry Collection
- “Reverence onto his feet” By Sarah Kazmi, 2009, 2012
- “Jada-e-Rehmat” By Justice Dr. Munir Ahmed Mughal, 2009
Compilation by Sabih Rehmani
- ‘Aiwan-e-Na’at’, (Naat Collection) 1993.
- ‘Jamal-e-Mustafa’ (Naat Collection) 1993.
- ‘Naat Nagar Ka Bassi’ 2008.
- ‘Ghalib Aour Sana-e-Khawaja’ 2009.
- ‘Urdu Naat Mai Tajaliyat-e-Seerat’ 2015.
- ‘Dr Aziz Ehsan Aur Mutaliaat e Naat’ 2015.
- ‘Urdu Naat Ki Shairi Riwayat’ 2016.
- ‘Midhat Naama’ 2016.
- ‘Pakistani Zabanon Mai Naat’ 2017.
- ‘Kalaam e Raza: Fikri O Fanni Zaaviye’ 2017.
- ‘Kulliyat e Aziz Ehsan’ 2017.
- ‘Kalaam e Iqbal Mai Naatiya Anasir’ 2018.
Dissertations on Sabih Rehmani
- “Sabih Rehmani ki shakhsiyat aor Fan ka Tehqeeqi aor Tanqeedi jaiza” By Ayesha Naz, 2011, University of Karachi
- “Sabih Rehmani Ba’haisyat Naat Nigar” By Sajida Iqbal,2011, G.C University Faisalabad
Books Published on Sabih Rehmani
- “Jadah-e-Rehmat ka Musafir” by Dr. Hasrat Kasangjuwi”, 2008
- “Mujallah Safeer-e-Naat” (Sabih Rehmani Number) by Dr. Hasrat Kasangjuwi”, 2009
- “Fan-e-idariyah Naweesi aor Naat Rang” by Dr Afzal Ahmed Anwer, 2010
- Mujallah Lailatul Naat, Karachi , 1987
- Ieqan international center, Karachi, 1992
- Mujallah Naat Rang, 1995
Letters to Sabih Rehmani
- ‘Naat Aur Aadab-e-Naat’ by Allama Kaukab Nurani. (Collection of his letters written to him.)
- ‘Naat Naamay’ by Dr. Sohail Shafique. (Collection of many letters by different personalities.)
- Sabih Rehmani Received Quaid-e-Azam Youth Award in 1993, and “Best Performance Award” from Radio Pakistan Karachi in 1995.
- Sabih has also conferred National Seerat Award in praise of Naat Rang 2004 and in 2013 he received National Seerat Award again in praise of Naat Rang.
- He received Canada Award 2002 in praise of his poetic activities, First Award from Sindh Government in 2007 on the acknowledgement of Hamd Khawani.
- He received excellence award in 2000 and creative poet Award in 2006 from the government of Canada, got Europak Award in 2007 from Europak Innsbruck, Austria. Customized to the unique literary taste and mood of Naat lovers, it is admired immensely among a wide spectrum of Urdu readers who represent a cross section of interests and ideas.
- Best Performance Award, Radio Pakistan Karachi , 1995.
- Seerat Award in praise of Naat Rang, 2013
- First Award from Sindh Government on Hamd Khawani, 2007
- Creative poet Award from the government of Canada, in 2006
- Europak Award from Europak Innsbruck, Austria, 2007